Friday, April 27, 2012

Squirrels Gone Crazy

There once was a magical land, where everyone was happy and the sun always glowed bright in the sky. This place was called Virginia Tech. One day the weather forecast said it was going to rain and storm all day so already, people knew something was wrong. I went down all 24 flights of stairs of Slusher Tower to find that the weather was indeed correct. However then I noticed that everyone was running and screaming, as the squirrels that usually were so friendly were chasing people around campus. One girl was getting chased by a family of squirrels and the more they chased her the larger the squirrels grew until they were her size. Then they proceeded to mug her and tie her to a tree so she could not go warn others to their evil ways. I tried to sneak past them but I stepped on a twig, which make a "C-R-A-C-K" sound. This caused the squirrel family turn around and begin chasing me. I ran as fast as I could but tripped over a food carton someone had tossed on the ground. I fell to the ground and looked up see that the squirrels had me surrounded. Then as I thought all hope was lost I heard a noise in the distance.

        "I am coming Deb. Faster Cami, faster!!"
        "Hurry Ashley, hurry" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Then all of a sudden the squirrels got picked up one by one and flung into the air. It was Ashley, aboard her valiant steed, her golden retriever, Cami. Cami had grown to the size of a horse, just like the squirrels had grown. Ashley pulled me up and we began to ride away since the squirrels had begun to wake up from getting thrown.

       "Do you know what is going on?" I asked Ashley.
       "Turns out the rain is a toxic, growth hormone. It was accidentally released when a power plant in Roanoke exploded because some looser hit a red button while being chased by zombies. The side effects are super growth, strength and aggression."
       "Oh okay. Well what is the plan?" I asked again, while checking behind us to ensure the squirrels were not catching up to us.
       "What makes you think I have one. I saved you, now its your turn to think of something!" Ashley remarked sharply.
      I thought and though until I got an idea. "We need to go back to the plant and make an antiserum so that the squirrels go back to normal before we all get mugged or worse."

We then headed to the power plant, but we weren't the only ones there. The squirrel leader, Captain Huggyface had taken over and all his henchmen stood around him with automatics. The lab scientists from the power plant, were tied up on the ground with acorns in their mouths. We could tell the squirrels had forcefully taken power there because their was a circular hole chewed into the medal, wire fence. Captain Huggyface was taking to his generals and pointing at a map.

       "Those must be their plans for massive takeover. We need to act fast. We need a distraction to get inside that plant." I said.
      "I think we can do that. Cami your up girl, have fun" Ashley said before letting Cami off her leash.

With that Cami ran to the fence, leaped over and began chasing the squirrels around the plant. Turns out that along with their size, their fear of dogs had also been magnified. They were squealing "Run for your life, its a DOG. AHHHHHHH!" and Cami was having a blast. While the squirrels ran for cover, Ashley and I were able to sneak into the plant. Inside was a mess of spilled liquids, broken glass and large squirrel, paw prints covering the floor. We followed the prints to a large vat, with bubbling green goo inside it. Next to the vat was a large green button, next to a large red button. The red button had a sign reading "Do Not Push" in huge, black writing. We looked at each other, and knew this must have been the button the loser pushed that blew up the plant. However, we then looked again and saw there was what looked like a black smudge under the button.

    "What is that?" Ashely asked me, looking at the smudge.
    "I don't know, unless..." I grabbed a microscope that had fallen onto the floor. I held it up to the smudge. The smudge was actually writing, reading "In case of a zombie attack and a looser pushes this button...Hit the large green button over ---> to undo the damage."
   "So that is why they say to read the fine print!" Then Ashley turned around and saw Cami running toward us with a hoard of squirrels behind her. "I guess there were too many for Cami to chase. Now quick hit the button!" And with that Ashley dove behind me and pushed the large green button.

Then there was a green beam shot into the sky and green smoke all around us. We then turned, looked back, to see that Cani was back to her normal size and had a group of small squirrels sitting behind her. Then the squirrels looked at us, looked at each other and ran away. And with that it was over.

  THE END.


No comments:

Post a Comment